UAE has announced that only transit passengers and UAE residents are allowed to travel to Dubai.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has now announced fresh guidelines for air travelers from India. According to the new rules, the passengers can take the RT PCR test six hours before their departure instead of four hours.
Alongside, the UAE has also started a VISA on arrival facility for those Indian nationals who have a VISA or residence permit issued by the United States, United United Kingdom, or an EU Member state.
The announcement was made by Etihad Airways, “If you are travelling from India with a visa or residence permit issued by the USA, United Kingdom or EU Member State you can visit Abu Dhabi. ICA approval is not required. Vaccination is not a condition of entry but you will need to show your testing status to enter public places”.
The official statement reads, “As per the entry requirement of the UAE, a rapid PCR test will be conducted for every passenger at the respective departure airport”.
The List of New Guidelines Issued By UAE
- Passengers can take a rapid PCR test six hours before the departure.
- The test is mandatory for passengers traveling from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Nigeria, and Uganda.
- The UAE has also resumed visas on arrivals for only those Indians nationals who have a visa or residence permit issued by the USA, UK, or an EU Member State.
- Passengers would be required to wear a medically approved wristband, provided by the authorities at the airport after clearing immigration.
- Passengers arriving at Abu Dhabi (AHU) airport need to have a home quarantine for 10 days, and 12 days home/institutional quarantine for Ras al-Khaimah (RKT).
- On the 9th day of the quarantine, passengers would have to take the PCR test again.
- Also, passengers are mandatory to download and register on the Alhosn App, using UID and phone number.
Dubai Civil Aviation authorities also confirmed that the RT-PCR test will be accepted from the following laboratories:
- Suryam Lab, Jaipur
- Dr. P BHASIN Pathlabs Ltd. Delhi
- Noble Diagnostic Center, Delhi
- 360 Diagnostic & Health Services
Ahead of this, IndiGo has announced that UAE-bound flights were canceled for a week. Industry insiders alleged that the airlines ferried few passengers, who violated the testing norms for traveling to the UAE.
Reports suggested that after a 7-days ban, IndiGo is the first airline to commence international flight services to the UAE. Currently, the passengers going from India would have to undergo strict Covid-19 guidelines.
This move is a big relief for smaller as well as larger airports, where infrastructure is limited. Also, this step will help airline staff to streamline the process of issuing boarding tickets to passengers.